Mysterious Macchu Picchu

Mysterious Macchu Picchu
from my 2007 trip to Peru

Saturday, March 6, 2010

ThingsThat Go Bump in the Night at Camp

When I was eleven or twelve years old, I had a strange summer at Girl Scout Camp. I was sharing a cabin with 3 other girls, and one night, we were sitting on one of the beds and chatting. Suddenly, I felt two solid hands on my shoulders. For some reason, I thought a girl from another cabin had sneaked in and was playing a joke. I looked behind me and no one was there. And I screamed. Really loud. Loud enough to wake up the whole camp. My cabin-mates started screaming too. The counselors came running up the hill to our cabin to see what was going on - they thought maybe a rattlesnake had gotten into the cabin. When I told what happened, they chewed me out for scaring the rest of the girls. Said it was just my imagination. It wasn't. Even then, I knew I had been touched by a spirit. But I guess I scared that poor spirit away. Today, there are TV shows about people who help kids who've had contact with spirits or psychic experiences. As an adult, I'd like another chance. These are the kinds of things I think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment