Mysterious Macchu Picchu

Mysterious Macchu Picchu
from my 2007 trip to Peru

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Reality TV

I am often asked - "Celaine, what paranormal TV shows do you recommend?" And I reply: "The Real Housewives of Orange County". But seriously....
I have to admit that my worst vice is my enjoyment of so-called reality TV series. Truly. My favorite paranormal show is, of course, "Ghosthunters" (SyFy channel). They collect good evidence and do a good job debunking (as in finding a rational explanation for) strange happenings that are not paranormal. Very entertaining, not scary and I've learned a lot from Jason and Grant. My next favorite, I suppose, is "Paranormal State" (A & E). Entertaining, some good evidence, but there's the occasional religious twist that some might find a bit off-putting. (as I do) Award for most hokey name goes to "Psychic Kids - Children of the Paranormal" (A & E). Actually a good show: Psychic mediums help kids understand their own psychic gifts. I like Chip Coffey (also on Paranormal State)- I would choose him if I ever needed a medium. "Destination Truth" (SyFy Channel) is highly entertaining - a crew of very adventurous folk investigate paranormal-type legends all over the world (love that Yeti!) The Silly Award goes to "Ghost Adventures" (Travel Channel). The EVPs are indecipherable but the antics of the cast members make for good watching as they explore ghostly "phenomenas". Those are my recommendations. Note: Addicted as I am to "reality TV" I do not watch "Medium" or "Ghost Whisperer", so I have no opinion about those 2 shows. As Jason and Grant say: "On to the next!"

No comments:

Post a Comment