Mysterious Macchu Picchu

Mysterious Macchu Picchu
from my 2007 trip to Peru

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Haunted Calculator

I'd been living in my old Victorian for a couple of years. It was pretty quiet for an old house, if you don't count the bats and squirrels in the attic and the occasional raccoon on the roof. I had this really old solar calculator - the pocket kind that costs less than $5 - and I kept it open on the kitchen table. I would use it to balance my checkbook. I started noticing that numeric entries would suddenly appear on that calculator out of nowhere. It happened several times a week. So every now and again, I would type in some random number as if to communicate with - whatever. One time, my son Yvan was visiting and I told him about the calculator and he typed in the numbers that say "HELLO" when you turn it upside down, a trick every grade school kid knows how to do. That was that until he went home to NYC and called me on the phone. While we were talking, a calculator "message" came up. It said "HEELO". OK, so the entity isn't a great speller. I'm sure you are trying to debunk this right now. And why the heck would a spirit try to communicate through a calculator? Well, there were some other ghostly happenings going on around this time, which I will write about in a future post. But this was the most interesting to me. So here's the kicker - when I moved back to Colorado, I took that calculator with me. It sits on my desk at work. And NOT ONCE has a message appeared since the move. So it wasn't the calculator that was haunted, but the location. Or so I believe.

1 comment:

  1. I doubt it was a bad speller. Maybe it wanted to say HELLO without using the word HELL.

    ReplyDelete